The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. The University`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
Within the University, the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) is a highly interdisciplinary research centre (IC), integrating experimental biology and computational biology approaches in order to develop the foundation of a future predictive, preventive and personalized medicine.
Within the responsibility of the Head of Operations LCSB, the Team Leader will lead the Science Communications & Outreach team during the replacement period. Together with the dedicated team the main accountability is to ensure the advice, creation and implementing the support of the LCSB Principal Investigators and Management in all science communication and outreach activities towards multiple external stakeholder and audiences. Internal LCSB communication as well as onboarding activities for new staff members are also in the scope.
Areas of responsibility
- In charge of further developing the science communications & outreach strategy and relevant communication plans for the LCSB and its affiliated brands, addressing the needs of the organization and its diverse audiences and external stakeholder
- Advice and ensure with the team a state-of-the-art, creative and unique support of the LCSB Management, Principal Investigators and Researchers in science communication & outreach
- Develop innovative communication approaches and measures tailored to needs alongside research projects, events and conferences as well as change initiatives
- Ensure transparency and an efficient internal communication e.g. about LCSB and University decisions, operations and structure to the internal community
- Ensure the relationship management to all external stakeholders including press relations
- Drive the LCSB strategy for the LCSB internet and intranet web sites as well as all digital communication tools
- Define KPIs, evaluate and analyse LCSB science communication & outreach initiatives and translate findings in improvements and future projects
- Lead and / or ensure realisation of projects
- Ensure overall quality of communication activities, material and service delivery
- Manage allocated budget
What we expect from you…
- A Master degree in communications, PR or related field; a PhD in Life Science would be considered as an advantage
- Specific experience in science communication and outreach especially in Life Sciences would be a strong plus
- 6 to 8+ years of experience and expertise in communication and outreach with management experience
- Open minded, highly accessible, supportive and responsible people manager
- Proven experience in successfully delivering communication and outreach initiatives and advice for internal and external stakeholder
- Excellent relationship manager with strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English and German as well as a good command of French; Luxembourgish is an additional advantage
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Experience in crisis communication
- Experience in change management communication are considered to be an advantage
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 12 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Team leader
- Job Reference: UOL04123
How to apply...
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …