The Université catholique de Louvain is a French-speaking university located in six different locations including Charleroi. With a multicultural and multilingual environment, UCL is open to the world and hosts students and researchers from around the world. The university is highly ranked internationally and is a major employer in Wallonia and the Brussels region. UCL operates faculties, research institutes, and administration to fulfill the three missions of teaching, research, and service to society.
e-OMIX is a new project launched at UCLouvain and aims at establishing a new bioinformatic hub for sharing and leveraging omics data (collected from different platforms quantifying cellular molecular content) across different laboratories in Brussels and Wallonia for research and clinical purposes.
• Establish bioinformatics pipelines for preprocessing single-omics data (filtering, normalization, control of batch effect, quality control, etc.)
• Adhere to interoperability standards established by the FIHR consortium Ensure compatibility of omics data collected across different platforms and research groups by implanting HL7 FIHR standards.
• Integrate different types of omics data to favor a multiomics approach
• Conceive and automate supervised (regression, variable selection, etc.) or unsupervised (network analyses, clustering, PCA, etc.) statistical analyses.
• Master’s degree in bioinformatics, statistics, computer sciences, biomedical sciences, bio-engineering, or equivalent
• Experience and/or keen interest in one or several of the following:
• One or multiple omics experimental technologies, data processing analysis and/or interpretation
– interest in developing solutions for the exchange of biomedical data and in multicentric initiatives
– solid background in statistics, machine learning/artificial intelligence
– knowledge of one or more programming language (e.g., Rmarkdown, Python, BASH, etc.) and IDE (R, Jupyter notebooks, etc.)
– collaborative research software development (e.g., unit testing, version control, continuous integration, Git, etc.)
– experience in R/Bioconductor data structures, in particular those used for omics data analysis (e.g., SummarizedExperiment, SingleCellExperiment, QFeatures, etc.)
– open and reproducible research
– contribution to an open and inclusive research environment
– good written and oral communication skills, english proficiency
• A collaborative work environment: The project is conjointly led by the Computational Biology (CBIO) and Computer Engineering (INGI) units from UCLouvain and will involve other major academic actors.
• The collaborator will be partly based in the A6K startup incubator in Charleroi, and partly home-based, (with occasional travels to UCLouvain’s Brussels or Louvain-La-Neuve campuses)
• Flexible workhours
• Reimbursement of travel expenses
Candidates are invited to send their application (resume and cover letter) at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st2024.
Number of offers available 1
Offer DescriptionSimulation of single and multiphase (bubbly) flows through 3-D porous electrodes for green hydrogen productionGreen hydrogen production based on water electrolysis powered by renewable electricity is gaining increasing interest an...
Offer DescriptionOne PhD position is available at UCLouvain, Brussels, Belgium. We are looking for a highly motivated researcher to join the lab of Dr. Patrick Gilon.Fellowship: A PhD fellowship is available to conduct a research project in the la...
Offer DescriptionA 1-year (renewable) postdoctoral position in biostatistics / computational biology is open in the non-clinical biostatistics unit of ISBA (Institute of Statistics, Biostatistics, and Actuarial Sciences) at UCLouvain in Belgium.Th...
Offer DescriptionThe applicant will join the ENSG to work on leading-edge research topics in crossroad of networking and systems to build a sustainable IT infrastructure. The group is composed of the PI and 3 PhD students, with fundings for 1 new ...
Offer DescriptionOne postdoctoral fellow position is available at UCLouvain, Brussels, Belgium. We are looking for a highly motivated researcher to join the lab of Dr. Patrick Gilon.Fellowship: A 3-year position (2 years with possibility of 1-year...
Offer DescriptionThe experimental high energy physics group of the Université catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain) in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium) invites applications for one position at the post-doctoral level to join its efforts in the upgrade of th...