Field of knowledge: Collective health
FAPESP process: 2017/50094-2
Project title: Cluster randomised controlled trial for late life Depression in socieconomically deprived areas of São Paulo, Brazil
Working area: Epidemiology / Mental Health
Number of places: 1
Principal investigator: Marcia Scazufca
Unit/Institution: Instituto de Psiquiatria, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de São Paulo
Deadline for submissions: 2019-05-12
Publishing date: 2019-04-09
Locale: Rua Doutor Ovídio Pires de Campos, 785 - Cerqueira César, São Paulo e Guarulhos
E-mail for proposal submission: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunity open for São Paulo Research Foundation-FAPESP post-doctoral fellowship linked to the Thematic Project “Cluster randomised controlled trial for late life depression in socioeconomically deprived areas of São Paulo, Brazil” (PROACTIVE), jointly financed by FAPESP and the Medical Research Council of UK. The main objective of the study is to evaluate the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of a psychosocial intervention for elderly people with depression enrolled in 20 Basic Health Units (UBS) with Family Health Strategy in the municipality of Guarulhos, State of São Paulo. Details about the pilot project that preceded this research can be found at http://agencia.fapesp.br/24705/. The candidate will act as the Psychosocial Intervention Coordinator.
Main activities of the candidate
- Organize the logistics and supervise of the psychosocial intervention in the municipality of Guarulhos;
- Evaluate the quality of data entry on the study server;
- Data analysis and preparation of manuscripts and scientific reports, and collaborate with other activities related to the study.
The candidate is expected to demonstrate capacity to work as part of a research team, independence to develop the work, as well as skills and competences in coordinating population based studies, preferably pragmatic clinical trials, data analysis and interpretation.
1) PhD in areas related to Epidemiology and/or Psychologic Treatment and Prevention;
2) Proficiency in Portuguese and English (reading, writing, speaking). Unusually for this position fluency in Portuguese language is necessary for the smooth running of the project and execution of the activities provided for in the work plan;
3) Full-time dedication to the project;
4) Experience in the preparation of reports and scientific articles;
5) The candidate must be available to start the postdoctoral fellowship once the FAPESP Granting Agreement has been signed.
The position is open internationally. The selection process will have two phases:
1) Evaluation of the profile of the candidates through the analysis of the documents sent (eliminatory phase);
2) Interviews with the candidates (in person or video conference).
The result will be announced by email at the end of the selection process.
Entries will be received exclusively by email, with documents attached in PDF format, for Prof Marcia Scazufca (email@example.com), principal investigator of the project, with the subject "Postdoctoral Position - Intervention Coordinator". The documents required are:
1) Curriculum Vitae;
2) Copy of the PhD Certificate;
3) Letter explaining the interest in the position and the qualifications to participate in the project;
4) Two letters of recommendation.
This opportunity is open to candidates of any nationalities. The selected candidate will receive a FAPESP’s Post-Doctoral fellowship for a period of 12 months with the possibility of extension of 23 months, in the amount of BRL 7,373.10 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity. More details on the FAPESP postdoctoral fellowship can be found at http://www.fapesp.br/en/5427.Leer más
|Title||Post-doctoral Fellowship in Mental Health|
|Employer||São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP)|
|Job location||R. Pio XI, 1500 - Alto da Lapa, CEP 05468-901 São Paulo/SP|
|Published||abril 12, 2019|
|Application deadline||mayo 12, 2019|
|Job type||Postdoctorado  |
|Fields||Psiquiatría y Psicología,   Epidemiología,   Socioeconomía,   Psicología Aplicada,   Psicología Social  |