Ikerbasque offers 10 permanent contract positions for senior researchers willing to develop a long-term scientific career in the Basque Country.
These positions are financed by the Basque Government, the European Commission and the host institution where the researcher will develop his/her research: therefore the acceptance letter of the host institution is mandatory.
The evaluation committee will only consider the strongest candidates with excellent leadership capabilities and an outstanding research record. Research Professors are expected to perform independent research. They should be capable of attracting competitive funding and establishing their own research groups.
Applications from women are especially welcomed.
- The applicants must have their PhD completed before January 2009.
- Only researchers with a solid research track, senior level and international research experience will be considered.
- Researchers with a permanent position in the Basque Country are not eligible under this call.
- At least two reference letters are mandatory. Candidates are responsible for contacting their referees so the letters are uploaded by deadline. Any time a new referee is added to the application, a URL will be automatically generated. The candidate must send it to the referee, so she/he can upload her/his reference letter.
- Acceptance letter by potential host institution is mandatory.
- This call is co-financed by the European Commission; at least 75% of the positions will be awarded to candidates who meet the MSCA international mobility criteria, meaning the applicant has not lived, worked or studied in Spain for more than 12 months out of the three years immediately prior to the deadline of this call.