The Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3) offers a full-time Research Assistant (RA) position for a period of 2 years, renewable, and with an initial evaluation period of 6 months.
LIFE URBAN KLIMA 2050 is a European project with the participation of around twenty entities (including BC3), in the Basque Country. The main objective of the project relates to the implementation of the goals of the Basque Country’s Climate Change Strategy KLIMA 2050, through the development of a series of actions and pilot projects over the six-year duration of the project. To this end, BC3, will contribute, among others, to the following areas:
The level of dedication in the different activities will vary throughout the contract period depending on the needs of the project and the established work schedule. This will be managed by the internal project coordinator at BC3.
In general, and for each of these activities, the selected person will be responsible for (but not limited to):
– Review the state of the art, (including scientific and grey literature), and good practices of climate change and health policies at the urban level.
– Study of the competences and functions of the different public administrations in the Basque Country.
– Study of the competences and regulatory framework of urban planning in the Basque Country.
– Review and select suitable mechanisms for climate risk management and planning in the Basque Country.
– Prepare materials and support for the organization of events, workshops, seminars, surveys and interviews.
– Support in the creation of databases and technical analysis of the data collected.
– Contribute to the development of the deliverables and documents of the project.
– Communicate and coordinate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, under the supervision of the task leaders.
– Assist in the internal coordination of BC3, as well as in the preparation of external dissemination materials.
The selected person will be physically located in Leioa (Bizkaia) at the UPV-EHU Science Park, at BC3 facilities. The selected person will work under the direct supervision of Estibaliz Sanz (project coordinator at BC3) and in close collaboration with Dr. Aline Chiabai and Dr. Marta Olazabal, according to the needs of the project. The applicant is expected to comply with the standards of conduct and ethics imposed by the host institution (BC3).
Experience / skills required:
Desirable experience / skills:
Benefits and work environment:
The position will be for a period of 2 years, renewable, based on excellence in performance and with an initial evaluation period of 6 months.
Annual gross salary is 24,000 EUR.
Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3), Biscay (Spain).
October 1, 2020
As an institution awarded with Excellence in Human Resources, BC3 is committed to reconciling academic research requirements and family duties. BC3 is particularly concerned with creating equal opportunities for women and men. Therefore, women of any culture with relevant qualifications are encouraged to apply for this position.
Those interested should only include in their request:
– Letter of motivation of a page
– Curriculum Vitae (free extension).
*** Both documents integrated in the same PDF file. ***
The request will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject of the message “RA UrbanKlima”. Any questions related to the nature of this position can be addressed to Estibaliz Sanz email@example.com.
The evaluation committee will inform the pre-selected candidates during the first evaluation phase. During the second evaluation phase, interviews with shortlisted candidates will be held during the first two weeks of September. The evaluation committee reserves the right to request candidates any additional information that supports the information contained in the application.
August 28, 2020Leer más
|Título||UrbanKlima 2050 – Research Assistant|
|Employer||BC3 Basque Centre for Climate Change|
|Job location||Scientific Campus of the University of the Basque Country, 48940 Leioa|
|Publicado||julio 13, 2020|
|Fecha límite de solicitud||agosto 28, 2020|
|Tipos de trabajo||Asistente de Investigación  |
|Campos||Climatología,   Administración Pública,   Política Pública,   Ciencia, Tecnología y Política Ambiental,   Política Urbana,   Planification Spatiale,   Diseño Urbano  |